In this article I describe about 10 Gmail tips which reduces your work on Gmail and at the same time it increases your productivity.
Gmail is the leading web mail provider with 425 million users worldwide. Now everyone should accept Gmail as their personal address in internet. Because we need it from early morning to late night. By the way it also continuous with our life cycle and be a part in our life cycle. In today’s world most of the people need an email address to perform some other tasks, because it becomes an online identity to everyone. It has so many features like 15 GB storage, secure email sending, social networking, spam filtering, voice and video chatting etc.
Coming to the point here I share 10 tips which are helpful to become a Gmail master. Apart from that you will learn some good stuff to maintain your Gmail perfectly.
Some time you need to click on “mailto” links, at that time it prompts to open any available email client in your pc.If any software available like Microsoft outlook, Mozilla thunderbird it will be ok otherwise it shows nothing. So in this case you can use Gmail as your default client. Because we can’t guaranty about that every pc should have outlook and thunderbird. So setting Gmail as default email client is a good decision.
Here is the process of setting Gmail as default email client in all major browsers.
If you use Google chrome as your browser then follow the below simple trick.
1. Here I use one Google chrome app that is “mailto”. Click on the below link to install it on your browser.
2. after adding it to browser choose Gmail in that extensions options menu.
3. From now onwards every time you open mail to links those are opened by Gmail automatically.
1. Surprisingly Firefox give an option to set Gmail as default email client. To do this open Firefox browser and go to Tools->Options menu.
2. Now navigate to applications tab and search for “mailto”, select action “use Gmail” and click on ok button.
1. Open internet explorer and download Google toolbar. Because Internet explorer doesn’t provide mail to option directly.
2. After installing click on toolbar’s wrench menu and select options. Now check “use Gmail for “mail to” links” under “Web-browsing tools” section.
3. Click on save button to complete the action.
Do you use your Gmail account from different locations with different devices? Sometimes you forgot to sign out your Gmail account. Don’t worry about that you can sign out your Gmail account remotely from another account.
1. Login into your mail account, go to the bottom of the inbox you will find out one link named as “details”.
2. Click on that to see your latest activity information in a table format and also sign out all other sessions.
Yes you heard right, using Gmail without internet connection is possible with few modifications and setup. To do this you need to install one Google chrome app.
1. Go to Google app store and search Gmail offline, install it on your chrome browser.
2. Now in your first setup you need to login into your account and synchronize all mails from your inbox.
3. Now your Gmail offline app is ready to use. By using this application you can read all messages in a tabbed view.
If you run a business then you need different email addresses for different purposes and everyone should start with your name or your company name. This trick is useful for those purposes. You can use this trick with different symbols like +, ‘.’
Just add +symbol after your name on mail address and some extra to it. For example firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. In the same way you can use ‘.’ to get different mail address without creating another account.
If you observe some companies send mail with automatic reply after you sent a mail to them. In the same way you can also send automatic replies to people instead of typing reply for every email.
To do this you need to activate one lab feature in your Gmail settings.
1. Click on gear icon and select Settings from that menu, now navigate to labs section and search for “canned responses”.
2. You will get one result with that name. Simply select enable radio button and click on save changes button.
3. Now try to send reply to anyone by clicking on reply option. Before sending reply type reply message in the box and click on right bottom of the reply box, click on drop down box and select canner responses->new canned response.
4. Now it prompts another dialogue box, write the name of canned response in that box and click on ok button.
5. From now onwards you can insert that canned response for any email.
These are the best tips to become a Gmail master. If you like this article then mention it on comments. If you want more tips leave a message in the below comments section.
This small tutorial explains about how to watch YouTube videos in slow internet connection with full screenshots.
YouTube is the world’s top video hosting website with daily million views. It is in 3rd position according to Alexa traffic stats. There are few other video hosting websites are also available to users but no can beat YouTube. It is a product of Google. Every day lakhs of videos are uploaded into YouTube throughout the world. You can also upload your videos into your YouTube account.
Straight to the point, multimedia content takes to time load on webpage because of its size. In the same way videos which are hosted in YouTube also takes time to play continuously. It is ok for high speed internet connections but slow internet connection doesn’t play videos continuously. For that purpose here I share some tips to improve the video playing in slow internet connection.
You can watch YouTube videos in slow internet connection in two ways. They are
1. Using Inbuilt settings
2. Using YouTube New Feature
Using YouTube Settings:
The same doubt also arises to Google, so they provide some options for slow internet connection users. Here we review those settings.
1. First of all you need to login into your YouTube account. Enter your Gmail credentials and login into YouTube account.
2. Now play any video from the dashboard or search for another video. Now go to the bottom right of the video and click on gear icon which have different types of video quality.
3. By default it selects high quality video (I will show you why it takes high quality), so select very least and low quality video that means 360p or 240p.
4. Now play the video and just click on pause button to buffer the video some amount of time. Now it shows a grey bar on the video (which allows you to play video continuously on slow internet connections.).
How to Set Low Quality Video Setting Permanently?
1. Click on YouTube settings on the top right of the
webpage or alternatively click on the below link to navigate YouTube settings.
2. Now select “playback” option on the left sidebar
of the webpage. Now it shows some settings about video playback.
3. Under video playback quality it shows two options.
One is “always choose best quality for my connection” and another one is “I have
a slow connection, never play high quality video”.
How to Set Low Quality Video Setting Permanently?
1. Click on YouTube settings on the top right of the webpage or alternatively click on the below link to navigate YouTube settings.
2. Now select “playback” option on the left sidebar of the webpage. Now it shows some settings about video playback.
3. Under video playback quality it shows two options. One is “always choose best quality for my connection” and another one is “I have a slow connection, never play high quality video”.
4. Choose the second option and click on “save” button to make the changes in YouTube videos quality.
Using YouTube Feather Beta Feature:
1. This is another trick to play YouTube videos in
slow internet connection. Presently this is under testing process, in future it
will be available completely to all users. To access this feature click on the
2. Now click on Join feather beta button, after that
it automatically activated to your account.
Using YouTube Feather Beta Feature:
1. This is another trick to play YouTube videos in slow internet connection. Presently this is under testing process, in future it will be available completely to all users. To access this feature click on the following link.
2. Now click on Join feather beta button, after that it automatically activated to your account.
3. Now play any video in YouTube and it automatically plays in latency mode.
This way you can play and watch YouTube videos in your slow internet connection also.
Do you know any other tricks? Then share them in the below comment box.
Here I share 7 best websites which provide top solutions to your problems in this year 2014(of course we need those websites every year).
In our daily routine we need to face some small problems which doesn't resolve immediately. For example if you are a programmer and you are stuck at one program with a small error. It doesn't resolve in time but we need to solve it as early as possible. If we are living in 16th or 17th century it takes so much time but now it takes very less time because internet is available to everyone. There are lot of websites available in internet to solve your problems.
I don’t want to waste your time, so straight to the point here I share 7 websites which are popular around the world with so many professionals. Have a look on them.
Answerbag is a “question and answer” website with 30 general categories and each one have thousands of question and answers. You can ask your questions by clicking on the “Ask a question” or simply browse previous asked questions.
There is no need to register account on this website to view previous asked questions but you need to create an account to ask your question or to answer a question. You can login into this website by giving your Facebook username and password or just create answerbag account. You can also create polls on different topics.
Answers is a very popular “question and answer” website with loads of questions and answers which are resolved by professionals over the world. Here you can browse popular questions and answers by category wise.
To ask a question you need to login with your Facebook account, you can ask questions on answers.com website. It have a sub directory with wiki.answers.com. Here you can ask your question. You can also contribute to answers.com by posting answers. Visit your profile to know about contribution. If you feel any answer in not 100% correct then you can suggest your answer.
Ask.com is a well-known question and answer website over the years. It is started on 1996 year, still it is the best website to get answers. There are more over categories available with questions and answers. You can ask questions simply by clicking on the “Q&A community”.
Type your question in the box and click on submit button to raise your question in the website. It will be answered by professionals in that category. You will get more answers to every question. Like other websites you need to login into website to post questions and answers. Creating account is very simple or alternatively login with your Facebook account.
Fixya is a well-known website for technology lovers because in the starting days of this website it provides more technology solutions to users. But now they turned into normal question and answer website that means they provide answers for every problem along with computer and technology related questions. You can call it a product based question and answer website.
This website have one powerful feature that is you can ask question directly to expert by posting it on “ask a fixya expert” section by typing problem title and problem description. That question will be resolved by fixya experts.
Quora is a knowledge sharing website with other community members, it is created by two former Facebook employees. It is similar like other question and answer websites but you need to login or create a new account to use this website. Because they don’t reveal anything to guest users.
You can ask question by clicking on “add question”, if you don’t want to reveal your name to other community members you can ask it anonymously. Browse questions and answers by clicking on the top stories.
Stackexchange is a fast growing website with its genuine questions and answers. Here you can get answers for your questions by experts in each category. There is no doubt about that every program should know about this website and for most of the programming problems Google shows this website in the top results. Because this website gives accurate results for those problems.
It shows question and answers in a different manner by displaying chatting thumbnail format. You can also see top questions by clicking on the hot questions, filter unnatural questions with filtered questions section.
I strongly recommend this website to get answers for your questions because it is the top website in the world with 4th position. Every internet user should familiar with this website for getting answers to their questions.
You can also post your questions in this website by logging into your yahoo account. This website gives levels to users based on the points getting by answered question. You will get 2 points for answering question. If your answer get so many up votes then it will be selected as best answer. For best answer you will get 10 points.
I hope you all are enjoyed this article about best question and answer websites. If I miss any popular website in this category then remind me about that through comment section.
Yes you have must stop searching on Google and other popular search engines like Yahoo and Bing etc. It’s not a joke but it is necessary to take diversion from these search engines. Actually whenever we enter into the online world we disclose our privacy to others publicly. It will be happen with our permission in some cases and in most of the cases we don't know what will be happen behind of us in online.
The above infographic clear all doubts about big search engines and their methods to use your search queries. So what to do? Don’t worry we have 3 better private search engines which doesn't save your search keywords.
DuckDuckGo is the leading online private search engine which doesn't depend on other search engines to get information, use information from crowd sources like Wikipedia. By using duckduckgo you can search anonymously. They never track your search keywords and they claims it with detailed explanation. You can check the information from the below link.
By using DuckDuckGo you can complete so many tasks simply because they provide most of the common things in the form of goodies. Goodies are special search, queries which give instant answers at the top. There are so many categories in these goodies like math, music, gaming, entertainment, food and drink, geek etc. Along with these everyday goodies are also available to perform tasks easily.
You can use settings to change the layout and appearance of the home page and also save your search preference safely in cloud save to use them anywhere. If you don't have java in your pc you can also html or lite version of the duckduckgo. You can get chrome extension, Mozilla add on for this and also set duckduckgo as homepage.
Not as much as popular like DuckDuckGo but still this one also a preferable solution to keep your search queries private. You can simply call it private Google because it collects data from Google anonymously with their servers and show the results to you without recording any information related to you that means there is no ip tracking, no searches recording and no tracking cookies.
You can search for images and videos along with the content and those are also kept in private to protect your online identity. If you have any website then you can also put this search box on your website too. This helps to your users who browse your website. It provides chrome extension, Mozilla add-on and also provides option to set startpage as homepage.
This is the main version of startpage and startpage is provided by Ixquick. That’s why user interface is nearly same with all settings and preferences. Unlike startpage, Ixquick collects data from several search engines and displays anonymously.
This search engine also provide add-ons and extensions to browsers and you can also set home page.
It’s not easy to leave the big search engines but try to use startpage or duckduckgo for better privacy.
What are the views about the infographic and which search engine you use to search for your queries?